Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday


So many guesses...so many wrong guesses.  I guess I should do music weeks more often if this is the sort of response I am going to get.  

Is it weird that I've become numb to being numb?  The deep freeze is back in Bemidji and this time I just don't care.  I used to curse every time I had to go outside and made such a grand entrance when I returned to the warmth of a heated building.  Now I just put on my hat and walk out.  No big deal.  It's at least above -20 F.  

When spring comes this year I'm going to cry a little I think.  

Clue!  Let's help narrow this down a bit!

After breaking up, two members of this group went on to have extremely successful and very different solo careers.  

17 comments:

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

Genesis? I don't know that they changed much of anything.

Saying "The Jackson 5" or "The Jacksons" just seems like a doomed answer, but I'll guess it anyway.

Pink Floyd is the wrong era, never had 6 members, and the two guys who had solo careers weren't extremely successful with their solo careers, and they weren't very different.

Fleetwood Mac?

Froyd said...

Revolution?

Run DMC?

The Police?

Cream?

I know very little about music at times, so I'm just throwing as many guesses I can out there.

Froyd said...

I'm also avoiding google like the plague, it makes me sad.

Ventola said...

Try google. Not sure if there's enough to narrow the results enough. I'd be interested to know. No right guesses yet...but you're getting closer.

Froyd said...

Operation Ivy?

The only thing wrong with them is that they were a 4 member band...

Froyd said...

Toto?

Froyd said...

Blind Illusion?

Ventola said...

Nope. Sorry.

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

Since you said to try Google:

The E Street band actually fits the "6 members" and "breakup 1989."

Pantera? Death Angel?

Froyd said...

Defense. Leppard.?

Ventola said...

Still not quite there guys. Good on you for trying though.

Not really sure what E Street Band did to help raise awareness about a growing problem in America...other than New Jersey dock-workers not having enough reasons to drink and have a good time.

Froyd said...

Curses! I need more data for my mentat projection!

Froyd said...

Is it Foreigner?

Ventola said...

no.

Froyd said...

Double curses!

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

"Not really sure what E Street Band did to help raise awareness about a growing problem in America."

Yeah, I know. That's the part that throws me off the most. I can't really think of bands that meet all of those definitions.

Froyd said...

I think it has to do with flooding in the 80s, but I'll be darned if I can figure out which band it is yet.