Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday.

I'm going to have to start maximizing my time here for the next few months.  There's just so much to do!
- Head NSO for Babe City Rollers
- 3 Gaming Groups
- Write and produce a video game soundtrack
- Design and produce artwork for another video game
- Fix my house
- Work my job
- Keep up on my blog
- Finish my website
- Practice the drums

Too many projects!  Which is actually a good thing really.  I'm finding it better if I switch up projects a few times during the day to keep my mind fresh.  I find the quality of my work improves if I go in small, inspired spurts rather than long sessions.  The longer I work, the more my mind wanders to something else and my primary focus strays.  If I switch projects as my mind starts to wander then the new project gets my brains full power.  Having many options then works to my advantage in that I can switch many times and always have something new and fresh to stimulate my mind.  

Hopefully that's how it works otherwise there's going to be a lot I won't get done!  Terrible.

CLUE 2:

They helped give birth to a video gaming monster machine by taking a chance on a video game that people thought was too ambitious back in the day.

8 comments:

Froyd said...

Magnavox?

Also, quit your job. It sounds useless compared to the other things for you to tackle.

Froyd said...

In fact, I'll help prioritize these lists so you can see which are not that important:

- write a produce a game soundtrack
- Fix your house
- practice the drums
- keep up on your blog
- head NSO for BSR
- 3 gaming groups
- design and produce artwork for another video game
- work your job.

See? Easy. The last thing on the list could be dropped in order for you to keep up with the other things.

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

Atari? Probably too obvious.

ColecoVision?

Ventola said...

Keep trying, boyz.

Well..if writing game soundtracks and fixing my house paid me money then I'd be fine with quitting my job. Can I get a 10,000 advance for the artwork on your game, Froyd?

Froyd said...

You'll notice that's why I put the artwork down near the bottom o' the list. I can give you 10,000 game credits though! Non-redeemable, with no cash value.

Ventola said...

It's something!

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

(1) Froyd is making a video game? What kind?

Sony? Nintendo? Microsoft? Amiga? Commodore? Too easy. Just getting them out of the way.

Control Data? Don't think they did anything with video gaming.

Froyd said...

Yep, it's going to be a trading/space exploration game by the name of CosmoViking. It's like taipan from back in the day, or perhaps more familiar, drugwars from the graphing calculators. To be honest, however, it'll be way more awesome than both of them.