Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blog attack.

The day is going better than I had anticipated.  The sun is shining and I have a new plan to get the home repair bug back in my veins.  If you don't know me, I bought my first house this year and it's amazing.  It's huge...really huge.  4 bedroom, 2 baths and lots of turn of the century charm.  Yes, we bought a 103 year old house.  Normally that's a huge no-no but it was honestly in amazing condition.  Except for one thing...

I began with gusto on a few things that needed some work on the house.  I reinforced the south-east corner floor joists and cleaned out the basement.  I braced the garage door opener and bought a nice outdoor broom.  I build a custom gaming table for my war room downstairs.  I was on a roll!  Then I found out my war room foundation wall is cracked and coming apart.  What a mess!  It took three days to clean out all the dirt and mess that had seeped in through the cracks and I was left with a sad looking wall.  My heart sank, my will was broken.  Major project that I wasn't expecting.  Boo.  

As spring approaches though I can feel the old bug coming back.  After some cooling off and talking to people we've learned it's not uncommon and lots people have the same problem in this area.  Not as terrible I guess as I thought it to be at first.  Feeling better I've started a list of little projects to get done.  I'm planning on working on the basement stairway and landing area first.  A little painting, some trim work and just the right amount of creative pipe hiding.  Nothing expensive or difficult.  

I'm excited.  My Ace Rewards card is going to get a workout. :)

ANOTHER HINT!!!!!!!!

Try writing it out over and over.  Maybe ten times in a row...the basic structure is simple when you crack it.

2 comments:

Froyd said...

Two clues in one day, are you MAAAAD?

Ventola said...

A titch. Any more guesses?