Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday

I've always loved codes.  I can't say that I'm very good at breaking them but I do enjoy making them.  I found a book in grade school that explained the basics of writing in code and gave you a few simplistic ones to practice with.  It was targeted to the very young so the codes were simple alphabet substitutions but they did cover advanced codes a little bit at the end.  It stuck with me and later on in school I came back to it in order to help pass the time in less than interesting classes.

I came up with my own basic code based on one of the simple examples in the book.  It was easily breakable but I designed it more for easy reading rather than security.  I refined and practised until I could write it as quick as I could write normally.  It came in handy since I could write whatever I want around people and they would have no idea what it said.  Devious fun.

The other night I finally cracked the design of a new code I've been working on for a while now.  An art code really.  It's strange and I like it.  I just wanted to share that for some reason.  I'm a little tired tonight...too much shovelling.  Also...I think my netbook's spell check is locked on Canadian English...which is an odd mix of British and American spellings.  Crazy.

No comments: