Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday.

Well the action is heating up here on the ol' prize blog with a ton of guesses but still no right answer.  Good luck with today's clue.  

Before we get to that however, let's take a few moments to think about water.  In a short time the large amount of snow we've had this year will start to melt and start the spring flood season.  I have a bad feeling that it's going to be a difficult one for many cities.  There are some that are used to flooding and others that are woefully unprepared.  I hope everyone is planning for the worst this year.

The best thing anyone can do is start preparing their houses for flooding.  If you live in a flood prone area you probably have an idea of how to do this but around here you may not.  I will be starting my prep soon to ensure a somewhat hassle free spring.  Although I don't live in a flood area, I do have a problematic foundation wall that let's some moisture through when it rains heavily and I can't imagine what is going to happen when all the snow starts to melt.  So it's prep time coming up to get the valuables to safety and do a bit of light work on the wall to prevent the worst.  

It's amazing how quickly you fill up a basement with stuff after you move into a house with one.  After living in small apartments for so long I couldn't believe how much stuff I suddenly had that could be hidden away in a basement.  It's crazy.  Alright...I've stalled long enough this morning.  Just had to torture you a little before giving you the clue.  (If nobody has this by the end of the day I will be surprised.)

Clue #4:

In October of 2012, it was announced they would be eligible as nominees for induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame for 2013.  

15 comments:

Froyd said...

Gwar?

Ventola said...

Nope. Nothing yet guys.

Froyd said...

Curses!

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

....Heart?

Ventola said...

Nope. Still no right answer.

Froyd said...

I should ask a question: is this a nationally known band such that there would be news articles about them, or is this a local band?

Ventola said...

Nationally famous...hence the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame clue.

I should really go back through the guesses so far...maybe I missed it. I wouldn't expect you guys to be so stumped still.

Ventola said...

Nope...you really haven't guessed it yet. Wow.

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

Rush.
N.W.A.
Kraftwerk
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
The Meters
Chic

Ventola said...

Way to copy and paste there. NWA! You found it!

Froyd said...

Nice, good job Lars!

Ventola said...

It's just a shame that Beth figured it out yesterday in about 10 seconds without using Google and without today's clue. BUT! You were the first to post it so you are still our big winner. Please email me your address so I can send you your prize!

Froyd said...

If it wasn't classical or Weird Al, I'm not going to know it in all honesty.

Ventola said...

Fair enough. :0

Froyd said...

DON'T JUDGE ME! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!