Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday of doom.

I get the feeling today that something really bad is going to happen.  I'm not sure what that will be exactly except that it will be unpleasant.  I'm not even sure why this is but it's just a feeling.  Be careful out there peoples...

No right answers as of yet, friends.  The battle continues.  

I attempted to work on some music last night but something just wasn't clicking.  I think it's the general 'blah' feeling I'm having this week that I just cant shake.  Last night I was working on the theme for the Avian faction and had a significant breakthrough.  The 'hi-line', as I like to call it when writing, was giving me troubles.  I was experimenting with different instruments to give things a dramatic tone but nothing was sounding right.  The problem of doing everything on the computer is that most orchestra instruments sound very synthetic when made on a synthesizer.  (Weird...I know.)  However, with my new keyboard with better velocity control, instruments that I had given up on before now sound perfect.  Success!  

With that bit solved I can wrap up the Avian theme and move onto a new one.  It's a little frustrating because I wrote the main theme in two days and I still think it sounds pretty good.  The Insect theme took just one good afternoon to write but the rest are bothering me.  I'll just have to get inspired I guess.  Anyone know any good movies about amphibians?

CLUE!!!!!!

Much like Notch and his Mojang empire, this company also started out as a home project that turned into a multi-million dollar powerhouse.  

8 comments:

Froyd said...

Sierra?

Froyd said...

It doesn't really fit with your other clues, but we'll go with iD software and Doom due to the way you started out your post today?

Froyd said...

OR it's Microsoft betting on Bungie and Halo for the Xbox.

Froyd said...

Though I just saw that Lars had guessed Microsoft in the previous comment. Blast.

Ventola said...

Sierra! Well done sir.

Froyd said...

w00tw00t!

I <3 Sierra. They are my heroes.

Froyd said...

Also, I was not certain which game it was you were discussing...I went with the 1979 and the started in a garage...only after looking up the wikipedia article now do I see they were responsible for half-life.

Ventola said...

I never even thought about it, the sierra / half life connection. I just remembered the sierra logo was on my old half life box, then I read the wiki article. Pretty cool they gave valve their first big break. Valve should buy the sierra name from Activision and restart them.