Blogging network: Froyd.net Spin-1/2

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Soon?

The base ship sketches for CosmoViking are all drawn and inked now.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get them scanned and finished on the computer.  I hate scanning things.  It's a slow and terrible process that involves not doing very much.  Next week I plan on getting it all done if possible since I am taking a little time off of work to catch up on various projects.  Go CosmoViking!

Yes, vacation.  It's not a proper vacation by any means but it is time away from work.  It's been nearly a year since my last vacation and that was when I moved into my new house.  As fun as that was, it was still a hectic activity and not really the sit back and relax type of vacation I need right now.  The real trick of course is staying motivated on this stay-cation as they call it.  I could easily burn through a few days doing nothing of importance but that wouldn't be very good at all.  

Big things to get done:  

- Basement.  I have to get that thing finished up and then the room cleaned up.  Sadly this means boxing up all of my Warhammer stuff.  So sad.  I just worry about them when they're not safe on their shelves.  

- CosmoViking.  Sketches need to get done.  This will be a nice first day of Vacation project I think.  I'll set up the scanner in the living room and watch bad movies until they're finished.  That sounds like a perfect Monday.  

- Prep for the gig.  Yes, I have a show next week play with The Seasonals.  Friday, May 3rd at the legendary Bridgid's Pub, downtown Bemidji.  It's going to be a fun evening and I encourage everyone to get out and enjoy the spring air by walking around downtown taking in the local culture.  I need to brush up on some songs but overall I feel good.  More than anything I need to get used to the new bass pedal.  It's just so solid and well built it feels weird under my foot.  It's going to take a little bit to get the feel for it.  

Well.  That's about it really.  I'm sure there will be some partying and all that as well.  Hopefully some gaming at some point.  Woot.

Have a good day kids.

No comments: